Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blackberries

I mentioned in a previous post that last Sunday, we went to dinner at my parents. My dad has a huge garden, and among it, is thousands of ripe blackberries.

The last few times we have been there, Nathan has discovered that he can go amongst the blackberries, and pick to his heart's content. He doesn't really even care how ripe they are. There is just something really fun about picking your own food and eating it.

On Sunday, Nathan barely ate any dinner. He went right out and started eating blackberries. You couldn't really see him, just every once in awhile when you called his name, he'd answer.

Some others in my family went out and started picking also. Jacob came back to where I was on the patio and said, "Mom, Nathan's face looks like that," and he pointed to a half empty pan of Blackberry crisp. I groaned inside. (Actually, it was probably audible.) My mom got her camera and went and took some pictures of the greedy berry eater.






These pictures really don't do him justice. He was pretty gross.

I also got multiple reports from the berry patch, that darling Nathan was pretty stinky. That's because Blackberries go right through ya!




4 comments:

Becca Jo said...

So basically Eli and Nathan have more in common than just being "train boys." They are also blackberry boys.

Valerie S said...

If you enlarge that last picture it does kind of show how gross he was. Yes, this is our little Umpa Lumpa boy-just a little bit purple. You forgot to mention that Nathan got Grandpa out there to pick the ripe ones after he discovered the ones Grandpa picked were the best tasting.

tash said...

So cute! (cameras never do justice!) He's getting so big! I hope you guys are going to sun glow!!

Andrea Whidden said...

YUMMY, summer isn't complete without getting really dirty;)